This week I was blessed with a few first outfits and books. Wednesday my mother-in-law gave us our first little outfit. Isn't it cute! I really like it and we were very grateful for the clothes. She said that every time they have found out the sex of the baby from one of their children they gave them an outfit. My father-in-law Les picked out the top, which happened to match the only pants in the right size, perfectly. I love it!

Then Thursday evening I came home and found a package that had been sent from my little sister Melissa. Just packed full of cute clothes and books. The best part was that I was on the phone with Melissa when I found the package. Totally by accident. So I got to open it with her on the phone. Which was really cool! She swears they were all in the discount bin and she didn't spend much. I am very grateful though and absolutely love the clothes. Especially the little green polo shirt. WAY CUTER!!
The other fun part of getting the presents was the notes that were attached. Both were written to the baby and I loved it! So I had to post what the notes said. The one from Jane and Les read: For: Zander David Maxfield (misspelled his name, but that's okay, she will learn it)
From: Grandma and Grandpa Maxfield We can't wait to hold you! Love you!
Melissa's read:
Baby Maxfield,
Hi, its your aunt Melissa! I already love you so much and I can't wait to meet you. I wanted to give you these things so you have fun things when you come. But don't worry, tell your mom, I didn't spend too much. Say Hello to 99 cent bins at The Children's Place! Whoo Hoo! I couldn't resist! But I did hold back a little.
Melissa
I guess I better get used to the misspelling of Xander, and possibly the mispronunciation as well. It will happen. But that's okay. We love the name! Thank you both so much for the new outfits. We both loved them and are so very grateful.

7 comments:
Oh, how cute!! Makes it real, doesn't it? He will be here all too soon. What fun!! Love, Mom
Cute stuff. So are you naming him Zander? That is one of my favorite boy names. I had that one picked out too for a boy name. If I have a boy some day we both might have Zanders. :)
Yes, we picked the name Xander, but spelled with an "X" not a "Z". We like the "X" better. I wouldn't mind at all if you had a boy named Xander or Zander too, however it is spelled.
Angie
You will have so much fun getting and buying cute things for the baby. It is all so much fun!
I cant wait for your baby shower!(whenever that is)Im sure when Mom comes home right?
I do love the name. Very unique!
Auntie Maren
Cute stuff. You will get used to the misspelling and mispronunciation of Xanders name trust me between me and Azzayah and believe it or not even Xavier we are a worthless cause. You just learn to spell it for people and pronounce it for them also.
I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am for the both of you. I only hope this means you'll be hosting kid-friendly parties in the future, so we'll finally get to attend them! Love you both, God Bless!
So cute!!! That Mel is the best! I didn't realize you picked out a name. Little Xander.....
Post a Comment