September 2, 2008

Dragon Blade Wars VI

So we just got back from an incredible time at the Annual Amtgard event Dragon Blade Wars. It is run by our friends of Desert Rose, in Elko NV. This year several amazing things happen. First, we had our official coronation of our first King in our newly formed Kingdom. King Matthias. Shown here with his regent Nidalap.
Second, a very good friend of ours was knighted. Fitz who has been a great friend of Dave's from day one. He is now a Flame Knight. Sir Fitz deserved this title and we are so proud that he was able to get this great honor. It takes years to become a knight. Flame Knights are those that give service to the game of Amtgard. And he has given years. Unfortunately during this evening I had a major brain fart and forgot to bring my camera to court. Therefore, I had no pictures of the actual knighting, but here is one of Fitz earlier in the evening with King Matthias. His wife took video of the event opposed to photos, so no photos were taken that I could find.
Third, after becoming a knight Sir Fitz was then able to squire certain individuals he felt worthy and add them to his belt line. One such person chosen was Dave. Or Marquis Ceowulf. Ceowulf has earned his title of Marquis through serving in leadership positions. After Saturday night he was then given the title Squire Marquis Ceowulf. Sunday evening another court was held. This time the Kingdom held its first court. During this court Dave (Ceowulf) was given his Master Archer title. This is for outstanding prowess as an archer on the field. He has become quite the marksman in a battle and I am the very proud wife. So know Dave is known as Master Squire Marquis Ceowulf, in Amtgard. Which is quite prestigious. And now wears a red leather belt to signify that he is a squire. All in all its pretty neat. Here is a photo of him showing off his Master Archer award, and if you look close you can see his new belt made for him by Fitz.
This other photo I had to through in. Dave was also given his 7th Rose for service, there are ten total that you can receive, so I was pretty proud. I snapped this photo and the expressions were too good I couldn't help but post it. From left to right: Westerric, Loptr, Genitch and Ceowulf.
The other exciting (I guess) thing about this weekend was that Ceowulf offered to be the Gate-o-crate at the event. Meaning he was in charge of getting the money from each individual checking in at gate prior to attending the event. This in turn made me have the same responsibility by proxy. So here is a picture of me, sitting at the gate, which is where I spent the majority of the time. I am proud to report that the gate was closed and all money was accounted for to the penny. No problems. That is always good to report at the end of an event.
Of course, there was still room for some fun and fighting.





















All in all it was a fabulous event, and one of my favorites due to the following:
Good Friends and Company
Great Food
On site Flush able Bathrooms and Showers
Soft, Lush Grass
Lots of Shade
Cooler weather at night
Everything is really close, so no long walking or huge hills
RV hookups for the Pop-up
Its my favorite event of the year. And now the events are over for the most part, until the spring, with Salt Wars. Which, Dave and I and two of our good friends have put in a bid to be the Autocrats, meaning we run the whole shebang. And our bid was accepted-we found out on Monday. From now until May is going to be rather busy.

2 comments:

Em said...

Well, look at Dave! Congrats! It looks like you had fun! We are all anxiously waiting to find out if we have a new sir or madam!!!! Do they make infant amtgard costumes?

Anonymous said...

And we are gonna ROCK the SW event too!
Woot!! :D
Hugs!
mirrim