December 29, 2008

End of Year Book Report

So I was just realizing how many books I have read this year.  2008 was a definite book year for me.  I read 25 books this year.  The last three with Dave and we are starting number 4 of the series tonight.  Its possible to finish it by Wednesday, but I am thinking we won't have time to read tomorrow night and New Year's Eve, so most likely it won't happen.  But still, I can't believe I read that many books this year.  I also started The Host by Stephenie Meyer that I plan on finishing, eventually.  I told Dave about it and he asked me to hold off reading it until he can join me, but the new series we just started has I think 14 books in it, so it might be awhile.  I have several other books on my list to start reading as well.  But we will see.  A new baby in the house might change that.  

Here is the list of books I read this year in order based on series/author, not chronologically:
  1. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
  2. Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
  3. Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
  4. Four to Score by Janet Evanovich
  5. High Five by Janet Evanovich
  6. Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
  7. Seven Up by Janet Evanovich
  8. Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich
  9. Visions of Sugar Plums (Holiday Novella) by Janet Evanovich
  10. To the Nines by Janet Evanovich
  11. Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich
  12. Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich
  13. Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
  14. Plum Lovin’ (Holiday Novella) by Janet Evanovich
  15. Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
  16. Plum Lucky (Holiday Novella) by Janet Evanovich
  17. Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
  18. I am Legend by Richard Matheson (also with Dave)
  19. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  20. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  21. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  22. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
  23. Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
  24. The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton
  25. Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton
Not that any of these books will make me smarter or increase my vocabulary or anything.  They were all for fun, and all fiction novels/novellas.  But hey, I still feel pretty good reading that many in one short year.  I don't know if I have done that since being out of school.  We shall see what next year brings as far as the reading goes.  Lets see if I can top it!

P.S.  25 days until I am due!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

WOw! YOu are a reading machiene.. I have just recently started to enjoy reading again.. I make sure I make ME TIME to read.. or other things I enjoy.. Its AWESOME.. Thanks for being you...

Anonymous said...

English Scholar on your forehead! hehhee
I was totally thinking about this the other day. I read 10 whole books this year. That is nothing like your 25 but not too bad for a non-scholar!