So Xander is finally here. He came on January 10, 2009. My water broke at 5:00 a.m. while I was lying in bed. I felt a leaking sensation and got up, as soon as I stood I was soaked. I cleaned up and went back to sleep. I knew it would be a long day. I got back up at 7:00 and took a shower. At about 8:00 my contractions started. By about 10:00 we decided to go in, they were about 5 minutes apart so we decided we'd better head. They finally checked me out and determined that yes, my water in deed did break. We were admitted by about 11:00. I was dilated to a 3, 50% effaced, but his head was still far up there. We met with the Dr and she wanted to start me on Pitocin. I told her I didn't want to be put on Pitocin, but she was worried about infection since my "bubble" for the baby was no longer there. I asked her how long she would give me until so that I might try and progress on my own. She gave me until 3:00 and then she would check my progress. Well, by 3:00 I was dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced. So they let me continue on my own. By 20 to 5:00 pm I was really feeling the contractions, they were harder and on top of each other, so we asked the nurse to check me. I was at a 10. Yipee! So they called the Dr. By 5:00 I started pushing and Xander David Maxfield was born at 5:38 pm. He was 6 lbs, 5 oz and 18.5 inches long. It was an amazing thing and I still can't believe that he was in me. While all this was going on, we had a co-ed baby shower that was commencing at my house. The party started at 12:00, so we didn't really have a lot of time to call everyone, we didn't know until about 11:00 that they were admitting me, and most people were coming from Salt Lake. Not to mention we had smoked pork that we didn't want to go to waste. We wanted everyone to come and have a good time on us. Even though we couldn't be there. So my redheaded friend, Heidi got commissioned to "play" me and Dave's brother "played" him at the shower. And opened our presents as if they were us. We were told it was the funnest showers that people ever attended. Plus it was fun to call and give updates and have everyone cheering for me in the background. They also took a poll of when they thought the baby would be born, how much he would weigh and his height. Congrats to Michelle for guessing the closest time at 5:30, and Michelle and Evan for guessing his exact height at 18.5 inches and Jenny for the closest weight at 6 lbs, 2 oz. Good guesses everyone! Here are some pictures from the hospital, of Xander that have been taken in his first week of life and of the shower that we couldn't make it to. Thank you to our friends for being such awesome sports through it all. I appreciate those who came regardless of the hosts being there. You guys are awesome!
The first family photo!
Oh, look at that face!James and Heidi demonstrating how to protect the baby from a Zombie attack! (Thanks, Nick and Trish)

5 comments:
So fun! It can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations Angie.
He is so beautiful Angie! im glad we got to finally meet him. The kids loved seeing the baby. Rowan still talks about his new cousin.
Maren
Grandma Maxfield, we've waited a long time for this little guy and are excited Xanders here at last.
soooo cute and sweet. He's lucky number 13 for us,he breaks the tie six boys six girls now seven boys six girls wait whats that another one on the way due in July who? I'm not tell'en. I just love being a grandma more babies to love And my grandkids are the cutest around just ask me I'll tell you. welcome to our family little Xander sure do love you. Grandma jane
Thanks Angie for being such awesome "hosts".. I am glad Xander came when he did.. I was able to be some what apart of his life for a brief moment.. I will take the pictures off my blog of you now! I was excited to show him off to our friends.
Congratulations! Ok that is so cute about the shower. What great friends and what an exciting day. I'm glad things went well.
Post a Comment