
Friday night was the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. I won tickets on the Radio back last August and the concert was originally set for November 19th, but Billy Joel got sick, so they moved it to February 19th instead. So more than six months after winning tickets I finally got to go to the concert. My sister Marianne and I went. She LOVES Elton John, and so I wanted to give her that chance to see him, even though he was with Billy Joel. However, she did say after the concert that maybe she was more of a Billy Joel fan than she thought she was. So that was a bonus. I enjoyed both, but have to say that Billy stole the show. It was truly amazing though! Elton played the piano beautifully and sang his songs. When it was Billy's turn he played his piano as it spun in a circle, he played the guitar, danced, and twirled his microphone stand around. He spun it faster and faster, and then threw it in the air and caught it, and then threw it across the stage, over his piano and a guy on the other side caught it. Then during the final performance, when both were playing, he attached a harmonica to his shoulder and while playing the piano he played the harmonica. It was incredible! It is so hard to sing and play, let alone do that! I was very impressed. The playing and singing they did together was so fantastic, they both can just fly over the keyboards. It was a great night! We were pretty far up, but here are some cool pictures of the stage. Thanks, Marianne for coming with me, it was a lot of fun!


0 comments:
Post a Comment